Before going through these recommendations, we want to make it clear that these tips are not something that we haven’t heard before; these are some basic rules that we all are supposed to follow. So let’s start:
1) Brush your teeth daily: Since from our childhood, the most basic thing we have been taught is brushing our teeth twice daily. It is basically the first thing we all should do in the morning.
But how many of us follow that?
Answer is quite simple, “Very few”.
It is a matter of utter shame that we cannot follow this simple rule, just because we are too lazy to this. And in a long run, this laziness costs us dearly. Earlier this problem was mostly contained to children only but now it has spread to everyone irrespective of the age group. So we are repeating again, perhaps for the Nth time, brush your teeth daily.
2) Picking up the right toothbrush: When we talk about brushing daily, we tend to forget the most integral part “toothbrush”. There’s a common perception that toothbrush should be used until it get bruised and all its bristles fall off which is completely wrong. Always change your brush in every 3 months. Make sure that you choose a toothbrush whose head and bristles can reach inside the cervices of your molars.
3) Avoid being dry mouth: A dry mouth causes many diseases. For the protection of tooth decay, saliva must past through your mouth regularly, one it stopped, you are all set to face number of dental diseases. The best way to maintain the saliva inside your mouth is to drink plenty of water. You may also consider having medicines, but that don’t always work actually.
4) Avoid junk foods and harmful products: Our oral health largely depends upon what we eat. A normal human being tends to go after various junk foods and that’s where the problems arise. Having excess amount of these food items take heavy toll on our teeth that result in tooth ache, pale and yellow teeth and even cavities. Always try to prefer only the home made foods and brush/floss properly after having that.
5) Visit your dentist: Out of all the tips, this may be the most difficult one for those who just hate visiting dentist. You may don’t like your dentist, but trust us, visiting them at a regular interval is the wisest thing you could do. You dentist knows everything about your teeth, in routine check-ups, he examine them properly and may suggest you some medicines properly. In short, we can say that for healthy and bright teeth, you must visit your dentist.
The above mentioned tips are known to all of us; it is just that we follow them. After all, our teeth are like our life line; treat them properly to have a happy life.