A rather large problem that people face when trying to lose weight and get healthy is that they just don’t stick with what they are trying to do. They get distracted, discouraged, or are just plain lazy. They say they’re going to eat healthy, yet they get fast food 5 times a week. They try to hit the gym often, but only end up there two or three times in a month. Planning and motivation is a big reason this, and here are a few tips to get you on track and keep you going the distance:
– Set several goals for yourself spanning over different lengths of time. Make these goals attainable, and set goals for a month, six months, and a year.
– Make a habit of exercising at the same time every day. Once you get used to going to the gym/running/swimming at the same time every day then eventually it will become a part of your regular routine.
– When it comes to eating healthy, only buy healthy items at the grocery store (and maybe one or two treats) and limit yourself to eating fast food to maybe once or twice in a week. This will force you to eat what you have purchased, and therefore you will only be eating healthy foods.
– Avoid temptation. If you end up at a restaurant, order some lean chicken with rice and veggies instead of the cheeseburger and fries. Also, order a water instead of soft drinks.
– Don’t burn out with a routine that is far too aggressive. If you plan on eating plain white chicken breasts 3 times a day, and you don’t even like chicken then you might have a problem. Make sure to eat foods that you like, but that are also healthy at the same time.
With these tips, anyone should be able to make a plan and stick to it. It may be difficult at times, but remember that it all pays off when you look into the mirror and see a new, healthier you.